Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Culture Shock
Differences are fun
Short lived Confusion
Preoccupation with cleanliness Conflict Resolution
Appreciation of host culture
Building of intercultural relationships Bicultural Identity
Personal growth Factors That Affect Culture Shock Control Factors Spatial
Factors Cultural Similarity Interpersonal Factors Quality of
Factors Host Culture Attitudes/Policies Managing Culture Shock Study the host culture
Study the local environment
Learn basic verbal and nonverbal skills
Develop intercultural relationships
Maintain an intimate social network
Assume the principle of difference/remember your perceptual context
Anticipate failure events Micro-Cultures Discussion (International Life, 2010)