Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nutrition
What are they?
Be Strong and Healthy with minerals
Fruits and Veggies
Essential Vitamins and Minerals
Way to add to your diet
Fruits: Grapes and Pomegranates
Vegetables: Eggplant, Pumpkins, Tomatoes, Spinach, and Lettuce
Maintains cholesterol and blood sugar levels
Prevents and relieves constipation
Lowers risk for diabetes, heart disease, breast cancer, and colon cancer
Age 50 and under:
Men: 38 g
Women: 25 g
Age 50 and older:
Men: 30 g
Women: 21 g
Foods with Fiber
Why do we need them?
Different kinds of vitamins
Vitamin B and C
Vitamin A, D, E and K
How can I incorporate more vitamins into my daily meals?
Aids with muscle contraction
Teens: 1,300 mg
Adults: 1,000 mg
Allows body to absorb calcium
Sources of Calcium
Dark green vegetables
Don't have the enzyme Lactase
Soluble: dissolves in water
Apples, carrots, peas
Nuts, beans, potatoes
Fruits and Veggies of the Month