Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chinese Language & Culture Class
Transcript of Chinese Language & Culture Class
Part Two : Chinese Culture Question Time --- Thank you for your questions
We will improve our class next time teach by Kris Xia
Laura Teng China-Chinese Part One: Mandarin Chinese - Introduction to Mandarin Chinese
- Pinyin (romanization) & Tone
- Essential Chinese phrases and dialogues
- Fun time Part Two : Chinese Culture Thank you for you giving us
your precious time
to take this class. Introduction - language family
- Local name for Mandarin
- Written Chinese
- Pinyin Romanization Pinyin Romanization - 4 Tones
- 37 sounds 4 Tones - High ā
- Rising á
- Falling and Rising à + á
- Falling à similar like phonetic alphabet
- Hear the language spoken by native speakers in everyday situations.
- Anticipate the answers of questions to truly engage in your mind during the learning process.
- Focus on core function words & phrases used in everyday conversation.
- Practice for only 30 mins a day, even if you have a break throughout a day such as commuting to work, having a lunch, taking a shower. Sum it up: 4 tips for learning a new language - Practicing the Four Tones
All Tones First Second Third Fourth 21 Consonants + 16 vowels > 400 mono-syllabic sounds Pinyin & Tone Black Tea (Red Tea)
Oolong Tea (Wulong Tea) Chinese Tea Culture Martial Arts Peking Opera Lantern Phoenix Dragon Gift Giving Wine & Dine Guests Guests
Wine & Dine
Gift Giving Etiquette & Protocol Cheongsam ( Chipao) Dragon
Cheongsam ( Chipao)
Martial Arts Chinese Symbols Seating Basic Phrases
Dialogue FUN TIME Pinyin spell
sound hao good Remember _ Chinese Character has 1 syllable
- Pinyin is not English jia li jelly