Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Curator
Undergraduate Degree- History
Pay / Benefits
$42,310 - curator median
projected to grow 25 percent
Specialized Master's degree (2)
Pros / Cons
Critical Thinking Skills
Customer Service Skills
$75,600 - federal government median
What Do They Do?
Acquire, store, and exhibit collections
Select the theme and design of exhibits
Develop or set up exhibit materials
Design, organize, or conduct tours and workshops for the public
Attend meetings and civic events to promote the institution
Clean objects using cleansers, solvents, and soap solutions
Direct and supervise curatorial, technical, and student staff
Plan and conduct special research projects
Research and publication in academic journals
Build relationships with internal and external partners.
Smithsonian Institution benefits
Museums, historical sites, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens and nature centers.
1. New York, 1,040 positions, $66,750 per year
2. California, 900 jobs, $66,360 per year
3. District of Columbia, $65,170 per year
Museums and historical sites
Federal, state, and local government agencies
Colleges and universities
Work as a research assistant
Volunteer to help set up exhibits
Help with research
CONS: employment competition; pay;
Acquire, catalog, store and exhibit pieces for collections.
Business knowledge / background
Design and set up exhibits
Conduct tours and lectures for the public
Attend meetings and civic events.
work with history;