Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Habit 1
in obtaining knowledge? Proactive How does being reactive prevent you
from gaining knowledge? Reactive By: Bailey Granam, Erik Viera, and Connor Fraser Proactive is described as being responsible for ones self and what he or she can do. For example; doing his or her homework or studying for a test. What is being Reactive? Being reactive is when you blame everyone else for your own problems and not taking responsibility for your own actions. Reactive people normally get angry over small things. Proactive Speech *I'll do it
*I can do better than that
*I choose to
*Let's look at all our options
*There's gotta be a way Reactive Speech *I'll try
*That's just the way that I am
* There's nothing I can do
*You ruined my day How does this affect
obtaining knowledge? Being proactive or reactive makes
a difference in obtaining knowledge. Here are a few examples... Conner had a bad morning. During class he fell asleep and did not pay any attention to the information his teacher was giving. His teacher handed him an assignment. He looks over it then says he can't do it because the work is to complicated.
In the morning the teacher walks up to the class and begins teaching something complicated. Everyone is ignoring it because they can`t do it. Erik says that there has got to be a way!
Your mom says that you need to clean your room because it is a mess and you say that is just the way I am. Proactive or Reactive? Now that you know what being proactive and reactive is answer this question, What role does pro-activity play in obtaining knowledge? Now you know! Covey, Sean. "Habit 1." The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. New York: Fireside, 1998. N. pag. Print.
Being Proactive - Video. Perf. Pinkee12491. Youtube. Youtube, 21 Nov. 2009. Web. 5 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daymk2TWu1o>.
"Google." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Sept. 2012. <http://www.google.com/search?num=10>.
"Books - 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Habit 1: Be Proactive." Books - 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Habit 1: Be Proactive. FranklinCovey, n.d. Web. 11 Sept. 2012. <https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/7habits-habit1.php>.
"Proactive." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, 2012. Web. 12 Sept. 2012. <http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/proactive>. Sources of Information... Your Turn What are things that could get in the way of being proactive? What are things that make you reactive? Quiz Time 1. Give us one example of proactive speech.
2. Give us one example of reactive speech.
3. Now give us a proactive statement.
4. Now give us a reactive statement
5. Can you always be proactive.
6. Do some situations require you to be reactive Is it Ok to be Reactive some times? Do some situations require you to be reactive? What do you think? Do you agree or disagree. So what type of person are you?Are you a reactive person? or a proactive one? Take a sticky note and write down an example of being proactive in school and at home. Also write down one example of being reactive at school.
Be prepared to share with classmates! Think about it... How can you tell if someones reactive? How do you know? How can you tell if someones Proactive? Proactive people are not easily offended, take responsibility for their choices, think before the act, bounce back when something bad happens, always find a way to make it happen, focus on things they can do something about, and don’t worry about things they can`t. Fore -Seeing Visionary Fore-thoughtful Provident Proactive