Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Concussions in Football
Transcript of Concussions in Football
A jarring of the brain caused by a hit or a fall and usually resulting in loss of conciseness. 1. The injury's that those players suffered could cause them to lose years off their lives.
2. Hits like those can result in CTE which was involved in the death of former football star Junior Seau. Nicklas G. , Aaron S. , Brycen R. , Josiah O. We ask the question, should football be banned? For the Banning of Football Also more than 20% of high school players sustain brain injuries in football each year. Against the Banning of Football Every football player chooses to play football Even though football is a huge part of society it needs to go because the possibility of brain damage is unacceptable For the banning of Football Over 100,000 concussions occur each year in all levels of football Over 60% of concussions are helmet to helmet For the Banning of Football Average concussion in football is 100g's of force Can go up to 190g's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) It is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes (and others) with a history of repetitive brain trauma. At this point and time football is safer than its ever been Against the Banning of Football Football is changing to reduce concussions The NFL has changed kickoffs from 30 to the 35 yard line Against the Banning of Football The possibility of a free college education In 2009 the median salary for the NFL was 770,000 dollars Why football should be banned. To Conclude... Yes we know that football is incredibly popular, but it's not worth the stress and problems it causes. If there were ways you could change the football safety, then it would be different, but, we conclude that football should be done.