Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 2 Lesson 13
Transcript of Unit 2 Lesson 13
A tool that skilled writers use
Breaking the rules of proper syntax
A freedom or liberty that gives you permission to stray from conventional grammar in order to produce a desired effect
Chunks 4 and 5
Jing Mei takes advantage of Old Chong's hearing deficit by playing wrong notes
Bombs her recital
Receives no reaction from her parents
Get your Springboard book
Copy down the Lesson EQ and the word of the day
Answer the following question in your binder.
Adults love to say "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed." Which do you think is a worse reaction, disappointment or anger? Explain. *3 or more sentences!*
Circle unfamiliar words
Practice accountable talk
Make sure that your classmate is finished speaking before you jump in
Answer the Lesson EQ in your binder.
In what ways can the expectations or pressures of your culture manifest themselves, and what effect can it have on members of that culture?
Wednesday, October 8th
Which is a worse reaction, disappointment or anger? Explain.
Where does the author take poetic license? What effect does it have? Underline evidence in the text!
Choose a speaker for your table
Discuss your assigned question with your table-mates
Each group member must have the question AND response written in their notes
Evidence from the text!
1. Where does the author take poetic license and what effect does it have on the reader's interpretation of the story?
2. What does Jing Mei mean when she says "I wasn't her slave anymore. This wasn't China"?
3. Which conflict is Jing Mei struggling with more, the internal or the external?
4. Where does cultural identity fit into this story?
One group member from each table will share that group's response
You are taking notes on the other group's answers to their assigned questions.