Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Boy Soldiers
100,000 Union Soldiers were boys under the age of 15 years.
20% of the civil war were boys under the of 18 years.
Many boys lied about their ages in order to join.
young women disguised themselves as men to sigh up
they would as...
when in battle they would put thoses duties aside and fight.
Born May 30, 1853
He was only 8 when he joined the Union army on July 24, 1861
He was a dummer boy for the first Indiana Volunteers.
Seen as the one of the youngest soldiers to serve in U.S. hist
Why they serve
Many children wanted to fight because they were runaways or they just wanted fight along side their bro
Brooks, Rebecca Beatrice. "Child Soldiers in the Civil War." Civil War Saga. Rebecca Beatrice Brooks, 16 Dec. 2011. Web. 11 May 2014.