Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
J. R. R. Tolkien
Transcript of J. R. R. Tolkien
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1882, in Bloemfontein in the Orange Free State, South Africa. When his father died in 1896 his mother too him and his brother to Sarehole, near Birmingham, England. His inspiration may of started hear. his mother died in 1904, he was looked after by Father Francis Xavier Morgan.
What inspired this great author and how did he get into writing ?
J. R. R. Tolkien By Ben Carlson
The War Effect
Tolkein went to the coolage at Eleter colege were he studyed linguistics and took his B.A in 1915. from 1915 to 1918 he fought with the Lancashire Fusiliers in world war 1. This might be why he has dark parts in this books. when he returned he worked as an assistant for the Oxford Dictionary and took his M.A in 1919. In 1920 He became a teacher in in English at the University of Leeds. From this point on he wrote books that shook the country. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien died on the 2 of September, 1973.