Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Irony: Middle School Lesson
Transcript of Irony: Middle School Lesson
in the story and the audience is smarter
than the characters Verbal Irony A person or character says one thing but really means the opposite. Situational Actions have an effect opposite of what is expected SO...the outcome is contrary (opposite) what you expect EXAMPLE:
Romeo and Juliet
Juliet pretends to be dead, but Romeo thinks she
is actually dead and kills himself to join her,
but Juliet is actually alive, finds Romeo dead
and then actually kills herself.
A tree kills a person who is trying
to save the forest. Example:
In a horror movie, you can see
the killer behind the character
but the character does not
see the killer coming. Example:
The teacher hands out a test
and students respond,