Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
visible light, x-rays, ultraviolet rays, and gamma rays
Transcript of visible light, x-rays, ultraviolet rays, and gamma rays
atom's nuclei. Gamma rays are the most penetrating of the types of radiation, they can penetrate skin, wood, paper and other things. Visible Light Facts:
* Ultraviolet rays help your skin produce vitamin D
* Ultraviolet rays used to kill microorganisms
* Ultraviolet rays disinfect the air that flow through the system.
* UV radiation has higher frequencies than violet light. The electromagnetic spectrum. The electromagnetic spectrum is the distribution of electromagnetic radiation according to energy, Facts:
* People use visible light to see, to help keep them safe, and to communicate wit other
* visible part of electromagnetic spectrum is light that the human can see.
* Each wavelength in the visible spectrum corresponds to a specific frequency and has a particular color. facts. to protect yourself from gamma radiation you would need something as thick as a concrete wall.
Starts in an atoms nuclei unlike an x-ray which starts in the electron fields surrounding the nuclei.
Gamma rays are used to detect brain and cardiovascular abnormalities
they are used to kill and treat certain types of cancers and tumors
it detects internal problems in welding and buildings
also used to kill pesticides in food facts