Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Lifestraw
Safe Drinking Water
Kamran Gasimov, Fei Li, Haotian Shen, Jiahuan Xia
a chamber of breads impregnated with iodine
a chamber of granulated active carbon
founded in 1957
Head office in Switzerland
Company: Vestergaard Frandsen
profit for a purpose
focusing on preventable diseases
innovate for the developing world
Price: About $20 each for Life straw, but usually sell to clarity found with low profit
Placement: Amazon, eBay, Large organizations.
Promotion: YouTube. twitter, LinkedIn. WHO
Threat of New Entrants
Competitive Rivalry within an industry
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
Threat of Substitutes
Bargaining Power of Producers
Easy access to safe and clean water
No repair or spare parts
Easy to mass-distribution in areas where drinking water is contaminated
Easy to clean pre-filter and purifier cartridge
through online e-tailers for $19.95
donate one for every ten sold
How to get Lifestraw?
filters out bigger particles, like dirt and sediment
filters out clusters of bacteria
kills parasites and 99.3% of bacteria and viruses
filters out remaining parasites;
improve taste and smell
Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne bacteria and protozoan parasites
Reduces turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns
Contains no chemicals
easy to suck water up
Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
Offers easy access to clean and safe drinking water anywhere!
How to Use?
Place LifeStraw® in water and sip through the mouthpiece.
deprived of improved sources of drinking water
annual cases of diarrhoeal illness
lives lost each year due to diarrhoeal disease
Water Drinking Crisis
About 80% of the world's population (5.6 billion in 2011) lives in areas with threats to water security.
1. More than 3.4 million people die each year from water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes. Nearly all deaths, 99 percent, occur in the developing world.
2. Lack of access to clean water and sanitation kills children at a rate equivalent of a jumbo jet crashing every four hours.
3. Of the 60 million people added to the world's towns and cities every year, most move to informal settlements (i.e. slums) with no sanitation facilities.
4. "[The water and sanitation] crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns."
5. An American taking a five-minute shower uses more water than the average person in a developing country slum uses for an entire day.
Some “Water” Facts
Regularly blow through LifeStraw® after drinking to keep the filters clean and to prevent them from clogging.
Put in water
put in mouth
Filters up to 18,000 litres of water, enough to supply a family of five with microbiologically clean drinking water for three years.