Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Narrative Paragraph Writing
Transcript of Narrative Paragraph Writing
• Initiating event
an action or occurrence that establishes a problem and/or goal.
the outcome of the attempts to achieve the goal
1. There is a
development of the story
starting with the beginning, middle and end.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Narrative writing tells a storie.
A narrative essay is a story written about a personal experience in time order
It could be tale, novel, an ampunt of one's life, natural phenomena, or social events
the focal point around which the whole story is organized.
one or more attempts by the main character(s) to achieve the goal or solve the problem.
when and where the story occurs.
the most important people or characters in the story.
2. There is a where and when it took place or what we call
3. There are
presented in the story.
can be seen in the text.
5. There is always a
at the end.
This past weekend I had the time of my life. First, Friday night, I had my best friend over and we made a delicious, mouth-watering pizza. After we ate, we had a friendly video game competition. On Saturday, my dad took us out on the boat. The weather was perfect and the water was warm. It was a great day to go for a swim. Later that night, we went to the movies. We saw an action packed thriller and ate a lot of popcorn. Finally, on Sunday, we rode our bikes all over town. By the end of the day, my legs were very tired. I only hope that next weekend can be as fun as this one.
Notice the transition words that were used to move the paragraph along. Everything is in the correct order. The paragraph provides details and stays on topic.
Yesterday evening I got home from work at 6 o'clock. My wife had prepared dinner which we ate immediately. After I had cleaned up the kitchen, we watched TV for about an hour. Then we got ready to go out with some friends. Our friends arrived at about 9 o'clock and we chatted for a while. Later we decided to visit a jazz club and listen to some music. We really enjoyed ourselves and stayed late. We finally left at one o'clock in the morning.
Muchii Witchuda Lunthomluang
Written Exercise 1
Write out the following sentences to form a paragraph. Provide the correct form of the verb in the past and the correct prepositions.
• Yesterday evening Jack _____ (get) home _____ (preposition) half past five.
• He immediately _____ (make) himself a cup of _____ (preposition) coffee and _____ (sit down) to read a book.
• He _____ (read) the book _____ (preposition) half past seven.
• Then he _____ (make) dinner and _____ (get ready) to go out with his friends.
• When his friends _____ (arrive) they _____ (decide) to go out to see a film.
Fill in the gaps in this paragraph with information about what you did yesterday evening.
Yesterday evening _______________ at ________ o'clock. I immediately ___________. After ________________, I (or we)_________. Then I (or we) _________________________. I (or we) _________________a while. Later I (or we) ___________________. I (or we) finally _______________.