Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Modal Verbs and Linking Words
Transcript of Modal Verbs and Linking Words
Linking Words Chart
ADVICE / SUGGESTION
CAN - CAN'T MAY (questions)
MUST - MUSN'T HAVE TO - DON'T HAVE TO
Tonight I'm going to a party
it is my best friend brithday.
, my cousin is coming with us.
SHOULD - SHOULDN'T
They are mostly used to express modality (capability, probability, advice or suggestion and obligation)
POSIBILITY / CAPABILITY
run as fast as me.
I go to a party?
don't have to
be a genius for getting good marks.
wake up early if I don't want to be late.
From my point of view,
In my oppinion
play outside the house.
drink if they are driving.
pay your bills every month.
We use them for:
-Linking sentences and paragraphs.
-To give sense and cohesion.
We classify linking words by the following categories:
ADDITION - CONTRAST - REASON - SEQUENCE - CONCLUSION.
I was waiting for her
she never came.
, we join all the ingredients.
you turn on the computer.
you open Chrome.