Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
T1 §4 The Romans conquer an empire
Transcript of T1 §4 The Romans conquer an empire
The city of Rome at first conquered Italy
1) concluding alliances (verdragen sluiten)
2) with their professional army
people were scared for the army so most of the times they choose for an allaince
much stayed the same -> people were "happy"
The punic battles: rome VS carthage
Treasure: trading in the mediterranean
The borders were guarded with fortresses
So the empire expanded:
But the army leaders didn't listen to the Roman administration
One famous general was ...
He restored peace in the empire, but now he was the only leader: the Ceasar
Only six years after he was emperor he was murdered (44bc)
after Ceasar's death his son Octavianus succeded him (after a battle)
octavianus called himself Augustus
He brought peace for over 200 years
The pax romana
Augustus was one of the greatest emperors in the Roman empire