Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Convenience Food
Both types of convenience food can be classified under four category
What are convenience food?
Whats the difference?
4 Categories of Convenience food
Category 1: Frozen Food
Category 2: Ready-prepared meals
Category 3: Bottled and Canned food
Category 4: Dried food
Friday, September 19, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
By the end lesson;
Guidelines on buying convenience food
You would be able to ;
1. List the different types of convenience food.
2. State the advantage and disadvantage of convenience food.
3. List the points of look out for when buying convenience food.
4. Identify adn evaluate information on food label, nutrition label and nutritional claims.
5. List come ways of combining convenience food with fresh food in preparing healthy and balanced meal
6. List some uses of the information on food and nutrition labels.
Rule Number 1: Always check the expiry date.
Rule Number 2: Always make sure that packaging is tightly sealed and not damaged.
Rule Number 3: Avoid the ice crystals
Rule Number 4: Do not buy dented or rusty or bloated food.
Convenience food are food that are fully or partially processed by food manufacturers.
There are two types of convenience food;
Can be eaten straight away.
Mostly bottled or canned food.
Do not need and preparation work or cooking.
Examples: Breakfast cereals, biscuits, canned beans, milk, ice-cream
Require some preparation work and cooking before consumed
Either dried or frozen.
Examples: Frozen pizza, instant noodles, pancake or cookie mix.
What category and type of food am i?
A dummy's guide
Can you explain why?.............
Also think about
Your nutritional needs
adding of preservatives
The nutritional content of the food
Are you smarter than a food label
To end of this lesson
KNow that there are......
Four categories of convenience food
Four things to note before buying convenience food
Advantages and Disadvantages of convenience food
The difference between food label and nutritional label
Various nutritional claims
Function of labels