Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fireworks Presentation
A fire work is an explosion of gunpowder and chemicals that is typically used for display or a celebration.
2. what is inside a firework
Gun powder and chemicals are found inside fireworks.
3. Where and when were the first fireworks invented?
Fireworks were first invented in China in the twelfth century to scare away evil spirits.
5. What are the colors, shapes, and sounds of a firework?
The objects they can make are flags and other objects, but the normal one is usually streams of light moving down in a cone like motion. The fireworks can be any color but are usually red, white, and blue to celebrate the 4th of July. The sound is usually a loud bang.
6. How is luminescence produced?
It's produced by chemical reactions, electrical energy, subatomic motions, or stress on a crystal.
4. Who were the first Europeans to master fireworks?
Itailians were the first Europeans to master fireworks.
By: Maggie and Annaliese
Carbon affects fireworks.
7. What element affects the specific firework?
8. What causes fire works to produce light?
By using energy from the explosion (the fire part of the fireworks) to excite various atoms or moilecuels that in turn, emit various colors when they relese energy
9. What simple chemical reaction occurs in fireworks?
If the gunpowder is confined in some way the gas is not relesed harmlessly. The cardboard shell of the firecracker explodes with a loud popping sound when the chemical burning reaction releases the gas
10. Specifically how is the purity of all the ingredients important to making a great firework?
If one thing goes wrong the entire firework could be messed up.
11. What are the components of black powder? what are the ratios of these components?
Gun powder, also known as black powder is a chemical explosive is a mixture of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate. The ratios are 6:1:1.
12. What types of elements are responsible for the colors of fireworks.
Barium, calcium, carbon, chlorine, copper, iron, lithium, magnesium, oxygen, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sulfur, strontium, titanium, and zink
13. What is responsible for the whistling sound that often accompanies fireworks
Burning fuel in the card board tube, open on one end, rushes out (the opened end) like whistling through pursed lips.
14. What are the components parts of modern fireworks?
Paper, oxidizers, metals, fuels, and reducing agents. The different oxidizers in the firework make the different colors people see in the sky.
16. Why do elements emit different colors?
All elements are different, and when they undergo a chemical reaction they all have different effects.
15. Make a table listing the chemicals in each color of firework.