Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of brittleness
A material is brittle if, when subjected to stress, it breaks without significant deformation (strain). Brittle materials absorb relatively little energy prior to fracture, even those of high strength. Breaking is often accompanied by a snapping sound
this is useeful because it is a property that can be broken down easily and can be molded by melting with extreme heat
Concrete is a solid building material that is brittle in certain forms.
There has been no recent inovations to the concept of brittleness
By: Cooper Cook
measure by indirect measurement.
This property is important because it makes items strong and valuable looking.
Plastic is a very brittle material