Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to Annotate a Sonnet
Transcript of How to Annotate a Sonnet
Annotations are not just a summary of what is going on, but also an examination of the tone, speaker, language, imagery, symbolism or other characteristics.
A sonnet is a 14 line poem composed of three quatrains and a couplet in iambic pentameter with the rhyme pattern abab cdcd efef gg. Also called Elizabethan sonnet, English sonnet.
Annotating is the process of analyzing and understanding a written work.
Now that you have reviewed the basics of annotating, what will you annotate today??
What is iambic pen-ta-me-ter?
iambic pentameter-natural rhythm or beat... (duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh-DUH).
(Think Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss and the rhythm of your heart beating)
Sonnet 18 in Song...
Sonnet 18 in Rap...
Organize the lines of Sonnet 18 according to the correct rhyme scheme.
Visualize the Sonnet
Annotate the sonnet using strategies from today's presentation
Are you ready to perform Sonnet 18?
Will your group Sing it or Rap it? You decide...10 minutes to practice, 2 minutes to perform...