Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ethics in ICC
Transcript of Ethics in ICC
Ethics or morals have to do with what is considered right and wrong.
Communication is looked at on a case by case basis.
Three Principles for Ethical ICC
1. The Humanness Principle ICC is about people.
Universal or relativist ethics and morals?
Shifting cultural boundaries
Cultures are not isolated.
2. The Dialogic Principle
3. Speaking "with" and "to" others
Who can speak for whom?
Self-Reflexivity: Turn the mirror upon ones' self and examine their identities.
Engage in dialogue
The Story of the "Hottentot Venus"
Who do we treat with dignity and respect and why?
Who does society and culture treat as less than human?
ICC Ethics Cont.