Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Persuasive Techniques in Media
Transcript of Persuasive Techniques in Media
Do You Buy It?
Each advertisement you see or hear has a purpose, audience, and message, and uses a specific type of persuasive technique.
Popular Persuasive Techniques
Other Popular Techniques
Examples in Advertising
a statement in support of a particular truth, fact, or claim; a strong recommendation
a persuasive technique used in media messages that appeals to the “everyone is doing it” mentality; regularly uses famous people, ideas or products
Describing something as more than it appears; hyperbole
a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another; inconsistent
designed to deceive or mislead
appeals to the viewer's emotions and feelings
Uses fear to influence viewer's decisions
Uses authority instead of evidence