Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN

No description
by

Najwa Azlan

on 9 May 2014

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN

EFFECT OF FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
Drain swell and overflow
Excessive rubbish
Traffic jam as :

i. Motorists trapping on the way to their homes
ii. Car are being submerged in the water
Most of the family in Kajang move out from their house
KTMB forced to stop the train service
Soggy mattresses and damaged furniture dumped outside homes
House and buisness owners had to clean the mud and debris that had washed into their premises.


CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION
METHODOLOGY
FACTORS OF THE FLASH FLOOD
EFFECTS OF FLASH FLOOD
WAYS TO OVERCOME FLASH FLOOD
RESULTS & DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
CONCLUSION
INTRODUCTION
FACTORS OF FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
The increase of the water level gradually causing several areas of Kajang such as Semenyih town, near the road to Bangi Lama, as well as parts of Kajang town, which included Pasar Besar Kajang, Jalan Sg Jelok, Jalan Kg Sg Kantan, Jalan Semenyih-Kajang, Jalan Kelapa, Jalan Bukit and Jalan Reko to suffer badly. The factors of flash flood are :-

Increase of water volume in Sungai Langat and Sungai Semenyih
Sungai Langat and Sungai Semenyih suffer the break of riverbanks
Drainage system in Kajang are in bad condition
Aim of the Investigation
Find out the
MAJOR CAUSE
of flash flood
Give
SUGGESTION
and
IDEAS
to overcome flash flood in future
Find out the
EFFECT to THE TOWNSPEOPLE
on the flash flood
To get
RESULTS
on the survey so that we can
CONCLUDE
this catastrophe
METHODOLOGY
Find all the articles &reviews about the Flash Flood in Kajang Town from the internet
FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
by GROUP 10

Definition of Flash Flood
Short term event that occur at low-lying areas
Produced when multiple thunderstorms occur
Distribution of rain influence rate of flash flood

Flash Flood in Kajang Town
Almost every year flash flood hit Kajang Town
In 2011, incomplete flood wall cause country's worst flash flood in decades
Flash flood again hit Kajang Town in 2012 but still under control
Read & identify all the important points
Dividing the scopes into factors,effects and solutions of the Flash Flood
Create questions for survey to give out the people
Collect data on the survey have been distributed to find the result and make a conclusion from it
Merge the scopes of factors, effects and solutions with the conclusion
Give out Suggestion & Ideas to overcome flash flood in the future
EFFECT OF FLASH FLOOD IN
KAJANG TOWN
WAYS TO OVERCOME FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
IMPROVING DRAINAGE
Canal
Cleaning water drainage system
Facilitate easy flow of excess water
Lock excess flood water in its reservoir
Excess water is channeled to non-risk areas
WAYS TO OVERCOME FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
RAINWATER HARVESTING
Collection of Water
Storage
Remove initial rush storm
Slowing down the flow of water
Curb water scarcity
Used for supplement all non-potable application
WAYS TO OVERCOME FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
CREATE RETENTION PONDS
WHAT?
Basins that catch runoff from higher elevation area

HOW?
Store water during heavy rains
Handle a quick flux of water
Slowly release water into another ponds, stream or ground
Lag time minimizes flooding

WAYS TO OVERCOME FLASH FLOOD IN KAJANG TOWN
PROTECT WETLANDS
Traps water
Lowers flood height
Water is returned
Preserve and restore to control flood instead of using expensive operations and leeves

Evaporation
Plant Transpiration

Recharge groundwater to outlet stream
INTRODUCTION
THE END, THANK YOUR FOR YOUR TIME AND QUESTIONS
CONCLUSION
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Overview

We have conduct an activity which is used to collect the data from the opinion of the people that lived in the town within the area of Kajang by using surveying method.
We have received the data of 50 randomly chosen people in this survey.
The data is being represented as percentage (%) and tabulated in form of pie chart and bar chart.
The data is being arranged according to the sequences of the questions stated in the questionnaire.

RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Gender (Question 1)
From the data tabulated for question 1, from 50 respondents, 27 of them are female which the majority as it covers 54% and the rest covered by male which reads 46%.

RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM THE SURVEY
Status of Education (Question 2)
From the figures, most of the respondents are university students which is 16 people and represented 32% followed by currently working, 15 people (30%), matriculation/STPM, 8 people (16%), secondary school students, 6 people (12%), primary school students, 3 people (6%) and lastly unemployed or retired which is only 2 people (4%).
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Living (Question 3)
Majority of the respondents are currently living at the town within area of Kajang Town about 1 to 4 years which is 23 in value and having 46% of the whole data. Less than a year holding 16 people (32%), 9 people (18%) have been living about 5 to 9 years, and the least one is 2 people (4%) have been living for more than 10 years.
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Question 4
In question 4, the respondents majorly covered 96% as it is representing 48 of them answered yes and another 2 (4%) answered no.
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Flash Flood Factors (Question 8)
From question 8 and data shown, drainage system failure has been chosen as the major factor based on the opinions from the respondents. It has 27 votes. While the other factor ; riverbanks broke (20 votes), construction site factor (18 votes), for others factor only 1 vote which has been stated by the respondent; excessive garbage.
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Question 9
For this question, about 94% of the respondents with value of 47 people stated that flash flood problem can be solved. While the other 3 respondents (6%) giving their opinion as no.
RESULTS AND DATA COLLECTED FROM SURVEY
Additional Questions
Question 5, 6, 7, and 10 are stated as subjective questions which to know their personal information about the flash flood in more detailed info based on their own opinion and experiences

Community of Kajang Town need to work together to cleared all the rubbish and dirt caused by the flash flood.
They become more grateful when the need to face the flash flood.
From the survey data, we can get the opinions and knowledge from the respondents about the flash flood.
Major cause is Drainange System Failure.
There are some ways to overcome it as stated before.
Every problems have a solution.
Full transcript