Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Spanish-Speaking Countries (created by Amy Westerman)
Transcript of Spanish-Speaking Countries (created by Amy Westerman)
1. España (Located in Europe)
-Spain is the original Spanish-speaking country. Before the Americas were "discovered" by Christopher Columbus in 1492, Spain was the only country that spoke Spanish in the world!
-Spanish conquistadores (conquerors) that explored and conquered this "new world" are the reason that there are now 20 other Spanish-speaking countries world-wide!
Ex: While the "new world" was full of natives with their own language
(Ex: Mayan) Spanish conquistadores claimed countries such as "Perú" for Spain,
which is why Perú's official language is now Spanish.
2-10. Countries of South America
MOST countries (except for Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana) in South America speak Spanish. These include:
11-19. Countries of Central America and the Caribbean
-Central America Spanish-speaking countries:
-3 countries in the Caribbean are Spanish-speaking countries:
-La República Dominicana
20. México (located in North America)
The country we tend to think about when we think of the Spanish language.
21. Guinea Ecuatorial (Located in Africa)
Guinea Ecuatorial is the only Spanish-speaking African country. The reasoning for this is the same as it is for all other Spanish-speaking countries besides Spain: Spanish conquistadores!
13. El Salvador
15. Costa Rica
18. La República Dominicana
19. Puerto Rico
21. Guinea Ecuatorial