Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Overview of CLTO-FM
Transcript of Overview of CLTO-FM
Where is the listener?
• The listener lives in the Beaches neighborhood
• He owns and operates an independent Café on the Danforth
• He is currently tuning into CBC Radio One for local issues
Source: City of Toronto*
Overview of CLTO-FM
99.5 FM Toronto Voices
• The radio station
• The listener
• The strategy
What is Toronto Voices?
• CLTO-FM Toronto Voices is a news and talk radio station to be found at 99.5 on the FM dial
• Focuses on news as well as social, political, and cultural issues surrounding Toronto
• Aligns itself with the center-left on the political spectrum
Why left-leaning Talk Radio?
• Competing talk stations cater to a right-wing demographic, leaving the left untapped
• CBC Radio One is not a serious threat as it must maintain neutrality
• Target listeners’ social status allows for many clients to make a talk station viable
Who will listen?
• Our target listener is an educated male in his 40s, earning about $100,000 yearly
• He is an aware and active citizen, with a left of center political alignment
• He is married with children, lives in a detached house
What will be on Toronto Voices?
• The backbone of our programming is made of talk segments including live callers
• Talk segments about local news, politics, urban (infrastructure) issues, social issues, arts, culture, the music scene and events
• Morning show “What’s Brewing” (9-12) will focus only on current, hot topics facing Toronto
How will we market Toronto Voices?
• TV ads on CP24, The Weather Network, and City TV (January – October 2014)
• Billboards along Gardiner Expressway, in the downtown core (January – October 2014)
• Ads across the TTC, with focus on major subway stations (Bloor-Yonge, St.George, Union)
• Full page colored ads in The Toronto Star
2011 Provincial Election result by riding
How will we launch?
• Hard launch at Nuit Blanche on October 4, 2014
• Live-to-air from Dundas Square for the duration of Nuit Blanche
• We will invite councilor Adam Vaughan, Jennifer Keesmat, and Steve Munro to be present
Who will advertise on Toronto Voices?
• Local clients, such as high end restaurants, rehab clinics, home repair and law firms
• National clients such as The Globe and Mail, Shoppers Drug Mart, Apple Store
• Both local and national clients will provide traffic tags and sponsor shows
How will we market
• Active Facebook, Twitter and Youtube updates
• Station contests in partnership with sponsors
• Street team, giving out merchandise with station logo at Toronto events