Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Overview of CLTO-FM
Transcript of Overview of CLTO-FM
Where is the listener?
• The listener lives in the Beaches neighborhood
• He owns and operates an independent Café on the Danforth
• He is currently tuning into CBC Radio One for local issues
Source: City of Toronto*
Overview of CLTO-FM
99.5 FM Toronto Voices
• The radio station
• The listener
• The strategy
What is Toronto Voices?
• CLTO-FM Toronto Voices is a news and talk radio station to be found at 99.5 on the FM dial
• Focuses on news as well as social, political, and cultural issues surrounding Toronto
• Aligns itself with the center-left on the political spectrum
Why left-leaning Talk Radio?
• Competing talk stations cater to a right-wing demographic, leaving the left untapped
• CBC Radio One is not a serious threat as it must maintain neutrality
• Target listeners’ social status allows for many clients to make a talk station viable
Who will listen?
• Our target listener is an educated male in his 40s, earning about $100,000 yearly
• He is an aware and active citizen, with a left of center political alignment
• He is married with children, lives in a detached house
What will be on Toronto Voices?
• The backbone of our programming is made of talk segments including live callers
• Talk segments about local news, politics, urban (infrastructure) issues, social issues, arts, culture, the music scene and events
• Morning show “What’s Brewing” (9-12) will focus only on current, hot topics facing Toronto
How will we market Toronto Voices?
• TV ads on CP24, The Weather Network, and City TV (January – October 2014)
• Billboards along Gardiner Expressway, in the downtown core (January – October 2014)
• Ads across the TTC, with focus on major subway stations (Bloor-Yonge, St.George, Union)
• Full page colored ads in The Toronto Star
2011 Provincial Election result by riding
How will we launch?
• Hard launch at Nuit Blanche on October 4, 2014
• Live-to-air from Dundas Square for the duration of Nuit Blanche
• We will invite councilor Adam Vaughan, Jennifer Keesmat, and Steve Munro to be present
Who will advertise on Toronto Voices?
• Local clients, such as high end restaurants, rehab clinics, home repair and law firms
• National clients such as The Globe and Mail, Shoppers Drug Mart, Apple Store
• Both local and national clients will provide traffic tags and sponsor shows
How will we market
• Active Facebook, Twitter and Youtube updates
• Station contests in partnership with sponsors
• Street team, giving out merchandise with station logo at Toronto events