Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EDUCATION
* the act or process of teaching
or of being taught
*knowledge, skill and development
gained from study or training
*the study of the methods and
problems of teaching
Education is defined as the consciously controlled process
whereby changes in behavior are produced in the person and through the person within
Definitions of EDUCATION
latin word means "to lead forth" or
"to direct" behavior towards
a desired goal
ultimate goal of education
of the individual in the total
in terms of
health or any
desirable human value.
1. to transmit the cultural heritage
2. to help the individual select social roles and to train him for the role he
" has been derived
from the greek word "Skhole"
that means leisure.
It was before in the ancient
Greece to utilize leisure time
in a systematic way.
-to teach the 4 R's of learning
-provide opportunity for children to become rational human beings(Jacques Bargun)
-to help students develop their intellect
- to help people learn how to govern themselves wisely and justly (Thomas Jefferson)
-to help mold or guide students into what thier society needed and expected of them. (Emile Durkheim)
-provides training in different vocations
-cultivates the values of dignity work and labor
- to provide the environment of quality
- creates the first civic society for child
- train the lessons of citizenship to a child
- conserves the valuable culture, tradition, values of the society and helps in promoting and developing these with the rolling of time.
What is a
role do schools play in society
What are the
purposes of schools?
Merriam Webster's Dictionary
as a Social Institution
Functions of Education
3. to integrate into cultural mainstream the various culture
4. to serve as a source of social and cultural innovation
-to prepare students for an especially active role as citizens who actively work to improve their society
- to help people understand that they have big roles in building progressive economy
-to inculcate to students that individual abilities are related to their expected role in the world of work
-to let student understand that society need people who will take responsibilities in the broader social order.
-to teach children to be productive members of society
Multiple School Functions
-sustain the needs of individual and even society in dealing with the necessities of other institutions
- to teach
lessons of social duty, responsibilities and understanding the feelings of others.
- to develop adjustment capacity of an individual
- spreads the store of culture to the next generation.
-generate ideas on what is included in the culture that individuals need to have to appreciate.
School in the modern time is treated as the most suitable active and formal agency of education
it draws out the hidden potentialities of the child and develops them in a proper way .
it serves the beneficial purpose of educating the children and getting them ready to be productive adults in today's society.
Manifest Functions of Education
transmission of culture
promoting social and political integration
agent of change
Social institutions such as education in schools have functions that are both manifest and latent.
The manifest functions are the ones that society intends those institutions to have
The latent functions are the ones that are not intended but which come about even so.
Education as a social institution places an important role in a society most especially within an individual.
This institution brings a wider responsibilities in molding, distributing and rearing, people in different aspects of man's living.
Presentation made by:
ALCANTARA, LEA M.
CASTILLO, GENELYN L.
CASTILLO, GENEROSS L.
GALLOSA, HAZEL B.
MANGUIAT, IVY M.