Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Basket Starfish
Basket stars can live to depths of almost 6,564 ft but are usually found 50 to 500 ft below sea level. They live along the Pacific coast from the Bering Sea to southern California.
Common Name: Basket Star
The basket can reach 70 cm across.
Their colours vary between individuals and often on different parts of the body ranging from beige to almost white..
When feeding, they extend several of their arms into the water, the branchlets spread out like a fan, oriented so that they are more or less perpendicular to the water current
The basket starfish adapt to their environment by clinging to rocks which make them look like bushes or coral to hide from their pray.
Adults live to an estimated 35 years
Reproduce during summer