Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Digital Safety and Privacy
Transcript of Digital Safety and Privacy
Malware examples: Trojans, Spyware, Virus,Worms
Online Predators "Grooming": A process that desensitizes children into accepting sexual abuse. Emails What dangers threaten it?
TIPS What is Social Networking? SOCIAL NETWORKING ONLINE GAMING: Dangers Online Chat
Voice Chat Think before you post
Know your privacy settings
Use google to search your name
Don't touch emails that sound suspicious
Use a separate email for every game you play online
Use an appropriate username
Block people that make you feel uncomfortable
Always login with "https"
Have a unique security question and password Conclusion Phishing Scams Hudson, A. (2012). Definition of Internet Safety. ehow. Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/about_6577504_definition-internet-safety.htm REFERENCE: Top 3 Social Networking Sites:
Creating a positive self-image DANGERS of Social Networking: Social Networking Privacy
Fraud, Identity Theft, Phishing/Scams
Children- Most vulnerable
Employment How To Stay SAFE: Evaluate your social network account and posting
Don't post private information
Always utilize the "Privacy" settings on your account
Google your name
- Video games that are played online either individually or with others. Online Games: Privacy. The Free Dictionary.com Retrieved from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/privacy Online Predators. (2011). Family Safe Computers. Retrieved from http://www.familysafecomputers.org/aboutus.htm Safety Tips for Online Gamers. (2004). Childnet International. Retrieved From http://www.chatdanger.com/games/safetyadvice.aspx Tucker, J. (2009). Social Networking has Hidden Dangers for Teens. Retrieved from http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Social-networking-has-hidden-dangers-for-teens-3289805.php Inci, D. (2011). Dangers of Social Networking Sites; Businesses. Job Seekers, Children and Adults Beware. Retrieved from http://www.optimum7.com/internet-marketing/social-media/dangers-of-social-networking-sites.html Online social Networking Dangers and Benefits. (n.d.) University of the Pacific. Retrieved from http://www.pacific.edu/Campus-Life/Safety-and-Conduct/Safety-and-Security/Online-Social-Networking-Dangers-and-Benefits-.html Dangers of Social Networking Sites. 2009. Retrieved from http://www.identity-theft-scenarios.com/dangers-of-social-networking-sites.html Spotty Download Clients and Advertisements