Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Valve
History of Steam
Steam has been around since September of 2003
More Steam stuff
What is Valve's goal?
- Valve's early goals were to push updates for their games easily and efficiently. It was also used for anti-cheat using Valve's VAC system through the Steam client.
- Valve has helped push the E-sports community to greater heights providing million dollar prize pool to tournaments in games such as Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Dota 2.
- Valve has changed its main focus to advancing their virtual reality technology named VIVE.
- Overall Valve's main goal always revolves around improving the gaming community and providing services that help expand it.
Release of Half-Life
Mike Harrington Leaves Valve
Steam is released
Source Engine is developed and released to the public which later help create mods that turned into their own games like Counter strike and Team fortress 2
Valve continues to
release titles like Counter strike, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 2, Portal, and Team fortress 2
Valve made a deal with 3rd party publishers to release more games on Steam
Valve continues to work on sequels of their most popular titles releasing Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, along with Counter-strike Global Offensive
Valve begins to work on their virtual reality headset called VIVE
Valves current CEO is Gabe Newell, who
is also one of the co-founders of Valve.
Mike Harrington was a co-founder for valve
but left after the development and release
Valves Current and only location is in Bellevue, Washington in the United States
Valve has many career opportunities:
3D Character Artist
3D Environment Artist
Hardware - Electrical Engineer
Language & Regional Specialist - Multiple Languages
Software Engineer - Anti-Cheat
Software Engineer - Steam
Software Engineer - Steam eCommerce
Software Engineer - Web Applications
Steam Database Administrator
Steam Technical Account Manager
Virtual Reality - Engineers
Visual & User Experience Designer
Dynamic New Workplace
Valve's main resource is the knowledge and brainpower of its employees. With creative coders and game designers they were able to create award winning games like Left 4 Dead, Dota 2, Counter-strike: Global Offensive, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Valve strives on training their employees to use the latest tech, after all Valve is also leading in virtual reality technology named the VIVE. Although Valve does a lot from within, it also does a lot with third parties. Valve often makes deals with different developers to have their games put on Valves software "Steam". Developers are able to publish their games and sell them through Steam. This allows for developers from all across the world to be interconnected to one software.