Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Covenant Orientatio Talk 4
Transcript of Covenant Orientatio Talk 4
Talk No. 4 :
OUR CHRISTIAN CULTURE IN HOLD
Tita Mira Abache
The New Testament Teaching
E. Expressions of Christian Culture in HOLD
1. We have a covenant with God and with one another. We are to be his people, and our lives are to reflect our intimate relationship with him.
2. More specifically, we are called together in HOLD to live out a common life. Part of this life is a distinct culture as Christians in general and as HOLD in particular.
“If I am not self reflective is it
possible for me to know myself?
“If I don’t know myself can I possibly
“ If I cannot lead myself, how can I
possibly lead other people”
2. What is our response?
* Eph 4:17-18
* Eph 4:22-24
* Eph 4:18-19
1. Culture = the way of life of a people.
2. Christianity is a culture.
D. Our Christian Culture in HOLD
1. HOLD is a Christian community with distinctive beliefs, values and patterns of life.
* Beliefs: Jesus is Lord, life after death, etc.
* Values: What we consider desirable, e.g.,
loyalty, dependability, dignity of life, etc.
2. Our "statement of mission" provides our direction
and the rationale for our existence.
3. Our "statement of philosophy" contains the beliefs
and ideals of HOLD, which govern our thrust and mission.
1. The way we relate to one another.
a) Honor and respect.
b) Loyalty and commitment.
c) Christian speech.
21 What you say can preserve life or destroy it;
so you must accept the consequences of your words.
6 Your speech should always be pleasant and interesting, and you should know how to give the right answer to everyone.
29 Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you.
- Express praise and affection.
- Correct with meekness.
- Communicate faith and joy.
- Show courtesy.
d) Our goal in the way we relate is to build one another up in love, and to build up the body, HOLD.
2. Faith. We are to be women of faith.
a) What is faith?
1To have faith is to be sure of the things we
hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.
b) We can depend on divine providence.
c) Jesus is our focus.
2Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side God’s throne.
3. Prayer and Scripture. Eph 6:18, Col 4:2, Col 3:16a , Heb 4:12.
4. Order in the family.
a) The Christian family is at the very center of God's plan.
b) We need to strengthen the family.
5. Life as a body.
a) We are one body, with a common life.
b) One concrete expression is the household.
c) Respect for order and authority in the body. Heb 13:17
d) Christian finance.
1. HOLD is one body throughout the world, with one vision, one mission, and also one culture.
2. God wants to create a new humanity, one that would live His life on earth. We are to be witnesses to His work in our lives.
3. Our response will determine the effectiveness of our witness. Our positive response will keep us united and will enable the Lord to use us for mission.
1. What did God do for us?
He rescued us from the power of darkness and brought us safe into the kingdom of his dear Son,
3. Our new identity as Christians.
* 1 Pet 2:9-11a.
> From darkness to light.
> Once no people, now God's people.
> Also, we are strangers and exile.
May God be Praise!
1. Is my life a reflection of a Christianity which is a counter-culture
to the world's ways?
2. Am I trying to live out faithfully the culture of HOLD in all its
FAMILIES IN THE HOLY SPIRIT RENEWING THE FACE OF THE EARTH
Moved by the Holy Spirit, one with the Catholic Church, blessed to witness to Christ’s love and service, Couples for Christ is a united global community of family evangelizers that sets the world on fire with the fullness of God’s transforming love.
BUILDING THE CHURCH OF THE HOME AND THE CHURCH OF THE POOR
We are Couples for Christ. We are committed to live in God’s righteousness and holiness, evangelizing people through a life of love and service; we shall work for the renewal of families that will serve God and build generations of Christian leaders; and, we shall pursue Total Christian Liberation through social justice, respect for life, and work with the poor.