Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Child Beauty Pageants
Transcript of Child Beauty Pageants
Pressure children to do pageants
Sometimes more competitive than the children by Maddy Dane The Ugly Truth about
Child Beauty Pageants Beauty Pageants Sexualize and Falsify
Little Girls Wear a lot of make-up
Forced to look/act like adults
Mimic adult behavior
Beauty equals success in life A Pedophile's
Dream Come True Make-up and revealing clothes
Dance around and do seductive movement
Transforms children into "pedophilic fantasies" "It's Harmless Fun" Promotes self-confidence
Fun, encouraging environment
Increases public speaking skills
Can win scholarships or money Feel ugly and inadequate
Compete for attention
High pressure and stress Poor confidence and Self-Esteem Tankard Reist, Melinda. "Pageants Reeking of Blatant Exploitation."
Overington, Caroline. "Ugly Truth About Beauty Pageants."
O'Neill, Justin. "Should 4-Year-Olds Be Beauty Queens?."
Brooks, Karen. "Pageant Parents Set Ugly Example."
"Child Beauty Pageants 'About Parents Feeling Good, Not Kids'." Sources