Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Scientific Method
Transcript of Copy of Scientific Method
Ask a Question
a statement that requires an answer
You can't find the answer until you know the question after all!
are made with your five senses or a scientific instrument and they are facts
Develop a Hypothesis
is somewhere between a statement and a guess. It
is a proposed explanation for something that was observed.
One example of a hypothesis might be, "All flowers are yellow."
- it is something that can be tested
Design an Experiment
- you need to keep all the variables the same, except one, the one you are testing
- factors that can change or be changed in an experiment
- the variable that is changed
- the variable whose effect is being studied
- variables in an experiment that a scientist purposely keeps the same
- the variable that is measured in the experiment
Analyze the Data
- Is the data reliable?
- Does the data support or not support your hypothesis?
Come to a Conclusion
- look for trends and specific pieces of data that can either support or not support your hypothesis
Is the data inaccurate or the experiment flawed?
Modify / Change the Experiment
Scientific Method is
the scientific method is a way for scientists to study and learn things.
It doesn't matter what the scientist is trying to learn, using the scientific method can help them come up with an answer.