Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Scientific Method
Transcript of Copy of Scientific Method
Ask a Question
a statement that requires an answer
You can't find the answer until you know the question after all!
are made with your five senses or a scientific instrument and they are facts
Develop a Hypothesis
is somewhere between a statement and a guess. It
is a proposed explanation for something that was observed.
One example of a hypothesis might be, "All flowers are yellow."
- it is something that can be tested
Design an Experiment
- you need to keep all the variables the same, except one, the one you are testing
- factors that can change or be changed in an experiment
- the variable that is changed
- the variable whose effect is being studied
- variables in an experiment that a scientist purposely keeps the same
- the variable that is measured in the experiment
Analyze the Data
- Is the data reliable?
- Does the data support or not support your hypothesis?
Come to a Conclusion
- look for trends and specific pieces of data that can either support or not support your hypothesis
Is the data inaccurate or the experiment flawed?
Modify / Change the Experiment
Scientific Method is
the scientific method is a way for scientists to study and learn things.
It doesn't matter what the scientist is trying to learn, using the scientific method can help them come up with an answer.