Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Section 11.3 solving radicals (alg.)
Transcript of Section 11.3 solving radicals (alg.)
(1) You need to isolate the radical to one side
4 / x - 7 + 12 = 28
3 /x - 6 = 0
Squaring both sides of an equation can introduce a solution to the squared equation that does not satisfy the original equation
/21 - x - /1 - x = 0
Steps to solve a radical equation...
(2) Square both sides of an equation ----- (if two expressions are equal, then their squares are equal.)
(3) Solve for variable
/3x - 17 = /x + 21
Solve a radical equation:
/6-x = x
How can we solve?
How did we get x alone?
x = 81
How would we get x alone here?
x = 3
This is called an....
(4) Always plug solution back in to check it...