Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Bryson Industrial Services
Transcript of Bryson Industrial Services
To give the whole nation access to our services, become the leading business in our industry, and create the safest possible waste management company for all businesses.
Bryson Industrial Services is a branch of Bryson environmental services
It was founded in 1979 by Joel Stevenson and Charles Kelley
It competes in the industry of hazardous waste management
Bryson has 4 main businesses in the waste management industry
Transportation- Removal of waste from customers to off-site disposal facilities
Remediation- Cleaning of sites contaminated by hazardous waste/substances
CleanWay- Waste management operations in Alabama
Medical Waste- The disposal of hazardous and potentially infectious medical waste.
In 1976 the Research Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) and 1981 Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act add much more stringent regulation to the industry making the need for waste services even more crucial.
The competition in the market is extremely high and new competitors are rapidly joining the field.
Large competitors in the industry include Dupont and Waste Management.
To provide peace of mind at a reliable and competitive price and with a flawless service quality.
- New state and federal regulations
- The 90 day rule and the 10 day rule:
- The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requires companies that do not have onsite treatment or disposal capability to remove the waste within 90 days of generation, and to be delivered to a disposal facility within 10 days. High pressures for companies to meet these requirements.
- Criminal and civil ramifications for companies and management for violations of RCRA’s guidelines.
- Increased competition with over 200 environmental service companies have gone public since 1986.
- Experienced and knowledgeable personnel:
- Charles Kelly worked for the SC Dept. of Health and Environmental Control for 8 years.
- Joel Stevenson was a co-owner of an Alabama based company providing specialized industrial cleaning services to steel mill in the Birmingham, Alabama area.
- Geographical location provides an advantage:
- Bryson Ind. Services is located in the Southeastern Region, which is home to a lot of industrial plants that produce approximately 84 million metric tons in hazardous waste.
- Organizational structure needs restructuring due to expansion and departure of the leader of the Management/Transport Division, Smith.
- Minimal capital available.
- The increased regulation on hazardous waste has increased the need for hazardous waste companies.
- Geographical positioning provides opportunities for Bryson to take over Southeastern region, especially with expansions in Memphis.
Competition is High
Several firms compete in the Southeast in each of the 4 hazardous waste industry segments
Major Players: Chemical Waste and Browning Ferris Industries
Several other significant players in selected segments
Barriers to Entry are Low
plenty of room for new participants
continuous industry growth in:
transportation, recycling/recovery, and remediation
entrants attracted by the potential for high profits
Buyers have Little Power
Buyers are mainly industrial plants
about 15,000 plants are large waste generators
175,000 are small quantity generators
growth expected to move towards 350,000 generators by 1991
Suppliers have High Power
High demand for low supply of RCRA permitted sites
Supply is highly profitability and highly priced
Merge with Wall Chemical
This strategy will allow:
Bryson to become a full-service player instead of transporter
Service of small generators
Majority of the Memphis market
Avoidance of the 10-day rule
Increased revenue through increased sale of disposal
Use of Wall’s market knowledge as a resource
Completely Buyout Cleanway
Allows Bryson to set up an RCRA facility in Alabama
“It allows us to have to have a place to route hazardous waste in Georgia and the Carolina's as state restrictions on the amount of waste in those states get tighter.” - Charles Kelly
After 2 years of growth, potentially sell Cleanway to Safety Kleen
Move headquarters to Lexington and field sales offices in Chattanooga and Memphis.
Need to have cohesion of strategy and operations between offices.
A geographical divisional structure would give field offices freedom but require them to answer to headquarters for all major strategic decisions.
Marketing, Operations, and Finance
We should have a separate marketing division to handle all marketing aspects for Bryson Industrial Services. The marketing division will work out of the Lexington office.
As we discussed earlier, we will move our headquarters to Lexington, and have field sales office in Chattanooga and Memphis.
We need to implement a plan to collect on our receivables. We currently, do not have any cash on hand, and approximately $1,920,000 of account receivables. If we have accounts that are deemed uncollectible, we should sell the receivables to a 3rd party in order to gain more cash on hand.
Short Term Objectives
To increase official communication or meetings within management groups as well as employee groups to a weekly basis allowing for a better flow of information during the merger process.
Within 60 days of the company’s reorganization, identify all non-essential duties or responsibilities and outsource their positions as well as the Payroll and Accounting Departments.
Long Term Objectives
We believe in YOU and rely on YOU!
We are investing in employee development programs in order to offer steady training as a progression to re-mold outdated and now shameful tendencies.
We are also increasing employee incentives and compensation by establishing a reward system to encourage adaptation.
When our staff and employees are happy, the bosses are happy. This is when we MAKE THE MOST MONEY
For both employees and management based on their performances as well as their opinion on the company’s direction
Grow the Memphis Market
Re-create a Business Plan, outlining our goals for the marketing department of Bryson Industrial Services, the role Memphis will begin to play in the coming year, and what goods shall remain within the company or be sent out for a much needed profit.
Establish Bryson Industrial Services as a leader in the marketplace rather than a follower, within the year, so that you can take control and have the key advantage of the southeast region resulting in future increases in business, productivity, and profit.
How are we going to stay a successful corporation?
We must work SMARTER, not HARDER
Set up Milestones!!
We must keep employees motivated because they are our company
By incorporating our goals and benchmarks, we can set milestones for the future.
Merge with Wall Chemicals
Reorganize management between headquarters in Memphis, Chattanooga, and Lexington
Focus objective goals on adding revenue and decreasing unnecessary costs
A set of measures that are directly linked to the company’s strategy. It directs a company to link its own long-term strategy with tangible goals and actions.
Allows managers to evaluate the company from 4 perspectives: financial performance, customer knowledge, internal business processes, and learning and growth
WE ARE GOING TO USE THIS TO EXPAND THE CORE VALUES OF OUR VISION AND STRATEGY THROUGHOUT OUR EXPANSION AND REMODELING