Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Peasants of Medieval Europe and Feudal Japan
Transcript of Peasants of Medieval Europe and Feudal Japan
Who are they?
* Killed an estimated 1.5 million out of 4 million people just in Britain.
* During 1348 through to 1351
* Bubonic Plague = Black Death
* Impact on Medieval England Social Structure
* Quote by Boccaccio
* Huge Impact on Society
* Below samurai's on the social ladder.
* Produced food that other classes depended upon
* They were considered an honorable class; however lived under a high tax rate.
* Reign of Third Tokugawa Shogun
* worked in a single manor and the status of being a serf was passed on father to son.
* Peasants would pay the lord in return for using the lords land, protection, diseases, and poverty
* Work for the same land even if the lords changed
* Contains partial freedom and a lot of slavery
Serfs and Peasants
*Certain Jobs at Certain Times
* Quote by Jean Froissart
* Tax and Tithe
* Huge Tithe Barns
* Feudal Japan as peasants was quite a hard life
*They provided food especially rice.
*They live in small villages
* just spend days farming
*wear one piece sacks of clothing almost like
Serf hood is hereditary
* Has Honor
* Not Bottom Class
* Ate Mostly Fishes, vegetables and rice, bread
* Gave Meal to Shogun
* Extra Clothing
* Access to Medicine
* Clothing is made out of cotton
* Had No honor
* Bottom Class
* Ate mostly
* Gave meals to church
* Did not bathe frequently
* No Extra Clothing