Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What Goes Into a 4-H Beef Project
Transcript of What Goes Into a 4-H Beef Project
feed them a bottle with milk replacer and/or starter grain or hay after about 3 months
Steers and Heifers
Finisher Ration - market animals
Forage Nutrition Animal Health/Animal Environment Breaking and training your calf starts at home long before you walk into the show ring Showtime! HAVE FUN! - include the entire family
Don't be afraid to ask questions
Learn from your experiences Calf must be born after January 1st
Bottle fed or bucket fed for 30 days
Tag your calf Bucket Calves Market Animals (Steer or Heifer) MUSCLE is first priority
Balance, Structural Correctness, Body Capacity are also important Breeding Heifer Structural Correctness
Frame Size Beef Quality Assurance
Keeping pens and barns clean Clip your animal before the show Make sure that you have the proper equipment and prepare your animal for the showring