Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mississippi
Take a trip down the Mississippi River and see the wonders of the state!
Significant Historical Facts
In 1763 British took control of Mississippi at the end of the Indian and French war.
In 1817 Mississippi turned into a state.
Fernando de Soto a Spanish explorer was the first European to visit the Mississippi area.
In 1870 Mississippi rejoined the union as a state after it seceded during the Civil War.
Industries and Jobs
Places to Visit
Gulf Coast Islands
Did You Know?
1. Did you know that Mississippi has more tree farms than any other state?2. Did you know that the Mississippi river stretches from Mississippi to Wisconsin?
3. Did you know that during the Mississippi food of 1927 flooded the town called Greenville for 70 days?
4. Did you know the state's water fowl is the wood duck?
In Mississippi, The Mississippi River slowly moves along its border.
Birds like pelicans feed in the mucky waters.
The Black Belt Narrow Region runs from Tennessee through Mississippi to Alabama.
In The Gulf Coast Islands white quartz sand covers the islands and also marshes nearby.
Woodall Mountain is the state's highest point.