Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hinduism
The Beginning of Hinduism
The beginning / starting of Hinduism has no founder, prophet, ect. but started in India. Hinduism started when beliefs of early Indians merged with beliefs of the neighboring Aryans.
The Gods of Hinduism
Hindus are polytheistic, (Belief of many gods). The main god they believed in was called Brahman. They also believed in over 300 million of other minor gods!
Truth is very important.
The Vedas are the authorities.
Everyone does their role in society / Dharma.
Souls are immortal , you keep reincarnating (being born again into a different lifeform) untill you reach unity with Brahman (Unity with Brahman is called Moksha).
If you make Moksha, you are freed from the cycle of reincarnation.
The hindu holidays:
.Holi - festival of colors
.Diwali - festival of light
.Mahashivaratri / Shiva Ratri - The festival Shiva
. The current Hindu population is over 1 billion
. Hinduism is most popular in South Asia
. Ghandi, the leader of the peace movement against British rule, was a Hindu
.Hinduism has different denominations like Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shaktism, and Smartism. They share many belefes exept how to reach life's ultimant goal.
Specific rules of Hinduism
1. Satya (Truth)
2. Ahimsa (Non-violence)
3. Brahmacharya (Celibacy, non-adultery)
4. Asteya (No desire to possess or steal)
5. Aparighara (Non-corrupt)
6. Shaucha (Cleanliness)
7. Santosh (Contentment)
8. Swadhyaya (Reading of scriptures)
9. Tapas (Perseverance)
10. Ishwarpranidhan (Regular prayers)
by Ethan Young and Jerod Lephart
You can't eat cow meat. The vedas reccomend Ahisma/ not harming living things.