Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Bake Multicolour Cupcakes
Transcript of How to Bake Multicolour Cupcakes
- always wash hands before handling food items to prevent spread of germs
-ensure that all tools and work surfaces are cleaned before and after use
-secure hair with hair wrap or elastic band to prevent hair and sweat from falling into batter
-wear apron to protect clothing
-use oven mitts to handle hot pans
-read recipe thoroughly
-preheat oven as directed by recipe
-measure ingredients properly
-ensure that your eggs & butter are at room temperature
1)Preheat oven to 350F or 175C.
3)In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
4)Beat in egg one at a time, then add in vanilla.
5)In medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt then add to creamed mixture.
8)In small bowls, separate batter into three equal parts.
9) Use gel colours to dye each bowl of batter a different colour.
10) Use 1/2 tablespoon or 1 tablespoon to scoop 1st colour batter into each cupcake liner. Wash spoon thoroughly and spread 2nd colour over first. Rinse spoon again and spread third colour over the second.
11)Bake in preheated oven for
Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
12) Allow cupcakes to cool slightly in pan for about 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
I cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 4-pack gel food dye
Do It Yourself!
How to Bake
Bake multicolour cupcakes
Prepare white cake batter
Assemble multicolour cupcakes
Let's do it ourselves:
Separate cake batter into equal parts
Colour cake batter using gel food dye
Let's gather our tools & equipment
measuring cup &
1 large bowl, 1 medium bowl, 3 small bowls
Oven & Timer
Recipe for white cake such as http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/
Let's listen to an expert:
6)Stir in milk and mix well until batter is smooth.
Let's gather our ingredients:
7)Measure batter by pouring into
large measuring cup.
Use the 4 gel dyes to make a range of different colours using this handy colour guide
2) Place cupcake liners in pans.