Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Russia Quick History
Transcript of Russia Quick History
-Eastern Orthodox Religion
-Trade from Mediterranean
-1200s Mongols conquer Kiev -After invasion of Mongols, Slavs went north
-Moscow is established
-Creation of Czars- Supreme Rulers
-Creation of Serfs- virtually enslaved workforce bound to the land
-Russians left behind Western Europe in science and technology because of struggle for power Many Different Ethnic Groups: Russian,Turk, Ukrainian, Finnic, Caucasian, Ossetian, Monogolian Early History 600-800s -Slavs: farmers, hunters and fishers
-Settled near water
-Create Kiev Czars Peter the Great (1600s)
-created St. Petersburg Ivan the Great (late 1400s)
-built the Kremlin, expanded control to area now known as "Russia" Ivan the Terrible (1500s)
-Government tightens grips The Revolution 1800s-Early 1900s -Czar Alexander frees the serfs 1861
-Industrial Revolution draws people to cities
-Begins Attraction to socialism (belief calling for greater economic equality) and communism Karl Marx
- Public ownership of land and no classes in society Russian Revolution 1917
-Bloody Sunday, 1905- Workers marching for better conditions, soldiers fire and kill almost 1000 people
- 1917- Czar Nicholas II gives up thrown, last czar The Soviet Era 1917-1989 -led by Lenin
-take over all of industries 1991- Soviet Union Ends
-Now a market economy
-More Political Openess The Soviets
-Bolsheviks, led by Lenin
-change to communism
-"Peace, Land and Bread" -Superpower