Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 1940's Fashion
• Gary Cooper
• Joan Crawford
• Spencer Tracy
• Vivien Leigh
• Judy Garland
• Lauren Bocall
• Humphrey Bogort
In addition to these people, 1940's fashion was also influenced by fabric shortages as a result of WWII. Silhouette Worn By Females • Broad shoulders, defined waists, knee-length skirts, loose swing skirts, pencil skirts, and short boxy jackets. Silhouette Worn By Men • Elegant clothing - long suit jackets, loose straight-leg pants, and calf-length trench coats. Designers and Labels Agnes, Hattie Carregie, Christian Dior, Claire McCardell, Gilbert Adrian, Royal Hawaiian Manufacturing Company, Nettie Rosenstein, Ceil Chapman, Vera Mandwell, Bonnie Cashin, Anne Klein, Maggy Rauf, Nina Ricci, Jean Desses, Rerre Balman, Jacques Feth Fashion Trends • Pussycat Bow Blouses
• Low Heels
• Swing Skirts
• Women's Suits Fashion Fads • Nylons
• Platform pumps
• Bright colors
• Zoots suits Colors • polka dots
• tourquoise Fibers • nylon
• yarn (knitted)
People often repurposed fabric from old clothing because of shortages. Historical Moments • WWII
• Pearl Harbor bombing
• Battle of Britain
• race equality movements Clothing Parallels Today, 1940's styles are being brought back in some clothing, along with other vintage styles. Movies and Music Movies: Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life, Citizen Kane, The Maltese Falcon, Laura, The Grapes of Wrath, Meet Me in St. Louis, Pinnochio, Hollday Inn, On the Town, Melody Time, Boy! What a Girl!, Anchors Aweigh, Orchestra Wives, Make Mine Music
Music: Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, Glenn Miller, The Andrews Sisters, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra (big band and swing music) Interesting Facts • Mount Rushmore was finished.
• Marvel Comics was introduced.
• Tupperware was invented.
• Nascar gets it's start.
• The sound barrier is broken. Works Cited answers.com, wikipedia.org, wiki.answers.com, film-classics.com, www.intheirwords.com, ezinearticles.com, google.com/images, vintagefashionguild.org, answers.yahoo.com, pinterest.com, www.ascu.buffalo.edu, www.buffalo.edu, kclibrary.lonestar.edu, www.helium.com, imdb.com, tsort.info, www.census.gov The End