Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Setting Notes: LA2
Transcript of Setting Notes: LA2
More than when and where...
Setting and Emotions
A story that is set in autumn can have a sad mood.
A story set in an empty or bland room can make a reader feel lonely or abandoned.
A spring setting can give a reader or story a sense of hope.
A story set on a stormy night
or in a dark alley can evoke creepy emotions...
Setting and Characters
A story's setting
can teach us about
What can you learn about a character in a story with a messy room?
or a character with a spotless office?
or a character
who has movie posters all over his walls?
Setting AS a character
A story's setting can act as an antagonist, making the characters' goal more difficult to accomplish.
Elements of a story's setting such as weather conditions, season, and place can impact the mood of a story.
A few examples...