Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Regions of Texas
Transcript of Regions of Texas
Create a foldable:
1. Fold your paper in half
2. Glue your colored page of Texas across the fold, evenly in half.
3. Cut your fold horizontally in half, stopping at your fold crease. You are using this as a graphic organizer to show the differences and similarities in Texas Regions.
Under each folded region (some region may overlap, so label your regions.) write the things that are found in that region. Refer to your notes and the things we discussed in class. What am I doing with this foldable? Great plains region is in the Panhandle and part of Edward's Plateu. The area is flat, with few trees. It is higher than the Central Plains Region The air is DRY They have hot summers and cold winters. Some major cities in the Great Plains Region Amarillo
Del Rio Great Plain Economy Farming: Cotton, and Wheat
Ranching: Cattle, Sheep, and Goat
Oil and Gas Features: Rolling grass lands
Timbers Area: Large areas with hardwood trees
Higher than other regions because limestone does not break down as easily. Major Cities: Fort Worth
San Angelo Climate: Dry air
20-30 inches per year of rain Natural Resources: Limestone
Fertile Land for crops Economy: Farming: Fruits, vegetables, oats
Ranching: Cattle, angora, goats
Oil and Gas Features 150 mountains
Plateau and basins
Rio Grande River
Big Bend National Parks Climate Driest part of the state
8 inches of rain per year
Hot days and cool nights Natural Resources Plants--desert plants Major Cities El Paso
Pecos Economy Ranching-cattle, sheep, goat
Farming-cotton, fruits, vegetables
Oil and gas Features Flat and low
Rivers- Brazos, Colorado, Trinity
Good soil along river Climate Hot and damp--humid
30-55 inches of rain per year Natural Resources: Plants-Pine trees. Hardwood trees
Bodies of Water Economy: Farming
Oil and gas
Ports Major Cities Austin
Brownsville Use what you know!