Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teacher Education Program
Transcript of Teacher Education Program
Getting to know
When we talk about Yázigi, what sort of things come to your mind?
What kind of services and products does Yázigi offer?
Do you know any teacher that teaches or has taught at Yázigi? If so, is this teacher different from others?
What are the things you dislike when you go to a restaurant?
Remember the last time you went shopping and were treated as VIP. Share your story with the group
Think about Yázigi schools...
What are the customers’ expectations?
Who is responsible for the customer’s satisfaction?
What do you believe we should do in order to make our students feel like VIP’s in our classes?
Think about the schools you have worked for or studied at. Talk about the things you liked about them.
What kind of school would you like for your children? (role of the school, the content, teachers, activities)
A ESCOLA DOS MEUS SONHOS
An educator is...
Getting to how Yázigi materials
How is the book
focus on language
focus on communication
Make Your Point
What's a lesson?
What are the characters talking about?
Why do frequent communication breakdowns take place between the man and Gwen?
What do we need in order to communicate
related to the ability to use language accurately
related to the ability to use language appropriately according to the communication context.
"Communication is a continuous process of expression, interpretation, and negotiation of meanings."
related to the ability to make sense of what is said/written and respond coherently
related to the different means used in order to compensate for the lack of or imperfect knowledge of the language
plan a lesson?
Task Analysis Framework
What is a
“an activity or action which is carried out as a result of processing or understanding language (i.e. as a response). For example, drawing a map while listening to a tape, listening to an instruction and performing a command, may be refered as tasks. A task usually requires teachers to specify what will be regarded as sucessful completion of the tasf. The use of a variety of different kinds of tasks in language teaching is said to make language teaching more communicative since it provides a purpose for classroom activity which goes beyond the practice of language for its own sake.”
(Richards, Platt and Weber 1986: 289 apud. Nunan 1989: 10)
You have been hired by the Creative Classroom Company to illustrate a poster to help children learn their ABCs. By coincidence, you and your first name are the subject of the poster!
1. First, take a piece of paper and write your name vertically down the left side.
2. Next, choose a word that starts with each letter of your name. The word should describe something about you. Write these words horizontally across the paper using the letters of your name.
3. After you have listed your words, draw an accompanying picture to illustrate each.
4. Take your poster to the wall.