Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Movie Monsters
It sounds like just another urban legend about a videotape that if you watch it it will kill you.
A videotape filled with nightmarish images leads to a phone call foretelling the viewer's death in exactly seven days.
But after viewing the tape, strange things begin to happen.
Samara is a little girl who seeks revenge for being dumped, still alive in a well, by her mother. Where she survived for seven days before dying.
Jeff the killer was a little boy who would get bullied a lot.
He always told his mum and his dad that he wanted to move schools but his parents never listened.
One day the boy felt so sad that he went to the bathroom and started staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. Then he got some scissors and stared slicing his mouth open, like a smile.
When he left the bathroom he told his mum "Mum, if you like my smile I´ll never be sad no more".
Jeff the killer
MOVIE MONSTERS QUIZ
Freddy is a vengeful ghost who attacks his victims from within their dreams.
He is commonly identified by his burned, disfigured face, red-and-green striped sweater, brown fedora, and trademark metal-clawed brown leather glove only on his right hand.
This glove was the product of Krueger's own imagination, the blade having been made by himself.
Once there was a widow who wished to marry a rich nobleman. However, the nobleman did not want to raise another man's children and he dismissed her. The widow was determined to have the nobleman for her own, so the widow drowned her children to be free of them.
When she told the nobleman what she had done, he was horrified and would have nothing more to do with her.
As she left him, the widow was overcome by the terrible crime she had committed and went to the river, looking for her children. But they were gone so she drowned herself and her spirit was condemned to wander the waterways, weeping and searching for her children until the end of time.
Pennywise is a monster of unknown origin.
Among ´Its´ powers is shape shifting into a form that induces fear while killing the victim, often assuming the form of a middle-aged male clown.
´It´ prays on children and humans every three decades, stating that ´It´ finds the fear in children akin to "salt(ing) the meat".
1) Freddy is identified most easily through his ________ disfigured face.
SCALDED CHARED BURNED SINGED
2) How did Jeff the Killer create his smile?
SLICING GOUGING SLITTING SEVERING
3) What was the spirit of La llorana condemned to do in the waterways forever?
WADE WANDER TREAD MEANDER
4) In Semara, what are the images on the videotape described as?
HELLISH DEVILISH GRISLY NIGHTMARISH
5) Pennywise alters his form by shape ________ .
SWITCHING SLIPPING SHUNTING SHIFTING
6) Freddy´s glove is metal-________ .
NAILED CLAWED TALONED POUNCED
7) Semara´s body was ________ in a well, still alive, by her mother.
DUMPED SHOVED LOBBED CHUCKED
8) What did Jeff the Killer do in the mirror?
GAZE PEER STARE PEEP
9) What will La llorana be doing while wandering the waterways?
WEEPING WAILING SOBBING SNIFFLING
10) Every thirty years Pennywise ________ on children.
FEEDS PRAYS PERVS HITS
Read the stories and choose whether or not to watch the videos.
Be careful they are scary!!
Then answer ten questions about the five tales.