Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Thales of miletus
Transcript of Thales of miletus
The mathematician of Isaiah Ojo
1.Name: The name of my mathematician is Thales.
2.Lifespan: Thales was born on 624 BC and died on 546 BC.
3.Birthplace: Thales was born in Miletus,Turkey.
4. Age of death: Thales was 78 when he died.
1. In 624 BC Horse riding was added to the olympics.
2. In 585 BC Thales had predicted an eclipse using a certain formula and science.
3.Solon became Archon on 600 BC and wrote rules for Athens, Greece.
B. Three historic world events that occurred during his life.
Family Status:Thales had parents named Examyes and and Kleobulina.
Marital Status: Some sources say Thales was married and had a son named Cybisthus. Other sources say Thales was not married and adopted his nephew Cybisthus. I think Thales was not married because a source say due to Solon. And
D:Marital Status and Family status
Thales attended and taught at the Milesian school. But the writings of Thales did not survive so it is difficult to find most of his math discoveries.
The occupations of Thales was as a Greek philosopher, a scientist, an engineer, a mathematician, and a teacher at Milesian school.
Three contributions to math
1. Thales predicted an eclipse.
2. Thales had measured the size of a pyramid.
3. Thales made theorisms for geometry.
Two interesting events during his life
1. The eclipse that Thales had predicted on 585 BC.
2. The other interesting event was when horse riding was added to the olympics in Greece.