Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
More De'VIA Art!
Transcript of More De'VIA Art!
Resistance De'VIA Art
Most Deaf art can be considered "resistance art".
This kind of art shows that Deaf people just want to be accepted and respected!
Betty Miller was the pioneer for De'VIA art and encouraged Deaf people to discuss their childhood experiences using art.
Chuck was born deaf and is now known as one of the notable founders of De'VIA art!
Susan Dupor's works are great in identifying Resistance De'VIA!
De'VIA Artwork is Important to the Deaf Community!
As Deaf people continue to struggle with their oppressed upbringing, Resistance Art allows them to express their emotions freely!
More of Chuck Baird's works!
"Deaf art expresses the values of deaf culture-- the beauty of sign language and its painful oppression..."- Chuck Baird