Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Algebra
Transcript of Introduction to Algebra
We are going to use algebra to figure out x
In algebra, the x is called a
"variable" Sometimes variables can make math look scary 5x+2=12 Don't worry
I felt that way once 5x+2=12
This is called an "equation"
because there are numbers on both sides of the equal sign Hmm, let's make this easier What if... It looked more like this x+2=4 Now do you know what X equals? You think X equals 2? Are you sure? Okay, let's check the answer using
ALGEBRA In Order to do that, we must use the "Inverse Operation" Inverse means opposite What operation is being performed in x+2=4? You said addition right? The opposite of addition is subtraction so.....
Let's subtract 2 from both sides x+2=4
-2 Remember... Whatever you do to one side of the equal sign, you also have to do to the other side of the equal sign. x +2 = 4
x = 2 Yeah! X does equal 2!