Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Have you heard?!?
Transcript of Have you heard?!?
The VERB is the word!
What's a Verb?
A verb is an action word! Of course we know that.
Did you know that SPECIFIC verbs make a STRONG paper?
Here is a
The boy looked in his backyard in search of his missing Frisbee.
Here is a SPECIFIC verb making a STRONG sentence!
his backyard in search of his missing Frisbee.
To practice using strong verbs in our personal narratives!!!
What's the difference?
Adding a STRONG verb can help bring more excitement to your sentence.
It can give the reader a more vivid picture in their mind while reading.
Specific verbs also ELIMINATE wordiness.
Sometimes, we use a combination of verbs and adverbs in a sentence. A
verb used instead will eliminate the wordiness!
Think about it. Which sentence gave you a more interesting picture in your mind?
She uses time wisely when writing personal narratives.
Is wordier than...
time when writing personal narratives.
Let's explore some specific verbs!!!