Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Big Four
Transcript of The Big Four
Each makes money from the production, distribution and consumption of their music.
Doing all of these things (using
'vertical integration') means that
these companies are extremely
powerful. http://www.sonymusic.com/ http://www.wmg.com/ http://www.universalmusic.com/ The Big THREE!!!! And so in fact, it's no longer the Big Four who dominate the music industry, but THE BIG THREE:
What does this mean for the music industry?
How does it affect our choices when it comes to music?
How might if affect musicians and their opportunities to 'make it'? Production = recording music
Distribution = promoting music and getting it out in the world to shops, radio and download sites
Consumption = people buying CDs, buying gig tickets, downloading music, going to festivals. http://www.emimusic.com/ Watch this...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19673682 Working in four groups, choose one of these major music industry players to represent.
1. Which subsidiary labels do you own?
2. Which bands and musicians are you responsible for?
3. How are you vertically integrated? (i.e. how do you profit from the different stages of music production, distribution and consumption?)
4. How do you profit from media convergence at the level of the media product? (for example, a film soundtrack or music in a videogame)