Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Critical Media
We cannot read or view something without having our own opinions and in order to be critical media junkies we have to think of as many points of view as possible.
His children's book is the perfect example.
Critical often sounds negative, but when used to analyze something it transforms into something incredibly positive:
When you critique something you are:
LOOKING BELOW THE SURFACE
the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely.
OUR Critical Process
* What am I reading?
* Who wrote it?
* When did they write it?
What is your POV?
1. Why was it written?
2. What is the message?
3. What do you think of the message? (Agree/Disagree? Why?
4. Do you have a similar story or related experience?
Where does this media lead us?
1. What more do we need to know?
2. What other POV's are there on the issue/message?
3. Why do I need to know other POV's?
1. What did I learn?
2. Has my POV changed? Why/why not? How?
3. Do I have a well rounded knowledge of the issue now? Have I investigated the iceberg?
Start from the Surface
And work your way down...
While we strongly support equal rights for all, our mission is sustained competitive excellence and our focus will be to deliver a well prepared team and to put our athletes in a position to be the best they can be.
Olympians march in Pride parade as Sochi outrage mounts